1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

We now have a new candidate in the worst movie ever debate

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Freelance Hack, Jul 17, 2006.

1. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

STFU and get me a beer, rookie.

2. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

3. Double J

Double J Active Member

Well, of course, he was saying whatever popped into his mind. What did you expect? He couldn't see to read the fucking script. ::)

Just kidding. But he did have memorable lines in two exchanges that I fondly remember. The first came during a discussion was about when Dalton might finally get around to kicking some ass.

Healey: "Word is, you fuck with him, he'll seal your fate."

Scuzzy bouncer: "Yeah, well, so far he hasn't shown me shit!"

Of course, soon after, the scuzzy bouncer was fired for having the wrong temperament and later got the shit royally kicked out of him on the loading dock by Dalton and.....

Healey: "Gentlemen -- Wade Garrett."

Garrett: "Exactly right."

Eager-to-learn bouncer: "Holy shit!"

And Touche Turtle, wow....been years since I've seen one of his toons. Here's a neat bit of trivia for you.....the voice of Dum Dum was provided by Alan Reed, a veteran character actor who simultaneously handled another job with Hanna-Barbera -- the voice of Fred Flintstone.

4. Freelance Hack

If I was the producer of Road House 2 I'd have changed the sub-title.

I'd have called it: Road House 2: Bar Bouncin' Boogaloo

5. Rufino

Rufino Active Member

BYH -

Indeed there was. It features an acting appearance by the great Lyle Alzado. I'm not savvy to that whole post a picture thing, but you can see the poster and film details for yourself at the IMDB page...

http://imdb.com/title/tt0101005/

6. Freelance Hack

I bet Kelli Williams wishes she didn't have that piece of crap on her resume.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I'm with CI here.

Horrible writing: Every cliched utterance by Arnold was a groaner.

Horrible acting: Clooney couldn't even hold Michael Keaton's bat jock

Horrible costumes: The nippled Batsuits are still a running joke

Horrible makeup: Uma Thurman didn't even look good

8. DyePack

DyePack New Member

This was the worst movie ever made.

That being said, I thought Arnold did OK, and Clooney was a decent Bruce Wayne. But Alicia Silverstone was beyond awful.

9. suburbanite

suburbanite Active Member

Agreed, I though Arnold was better than the script, which was terrible, especially his lines, and while Clooney was awful as Batman, he was a much better Bruce than Keaton.

However, I'll add that, IMO, Uma was terrible [too far over-the-top, even for a campfest like that], which is why I think her new movie will suck. In some of the trailers, her 'civilian guise' looks exactly, and I mean EXACTLY, like Pamela Isley. Why would anyone want to copy anything from that movie?

10. suburbanite

I'll take your word for it that the script is funny. But as I said in another post, I don't think Uma has the chops to pull off a film like this, having failed miserably as Poison Ivy.

Plus, has Reitman had a hit that wasn't released before the internet was invented? :D

11. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

That's really funny about Reitman and the internet. Uma got the role b/c of her work in Kill Bill, and, she's the only actress that's an "above the title" draw that is athletic enough to pull this off. A lot of the comedy is in the hands of Mr. Wilson.

Super-Ex is the one flick that has all of Hollywood talking it up, for better or for worse. That, and Running With Scissors (not nearly as broad, but a very interesting story/book, nonetheless).

12. suburbanite

We shall see.

I'm sorry, I'm just not an Uma fan. I believe she's quite fortunate that Quentin Tarantino thinks she's The Greatest Woman Who Ever Lived, or she never would have been an above the title draw, and by now she'd have been on a canceled UPN sitcom.

Draft saved Draft deleted