1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

We now have a new candidate in the worst movie ever debate

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Freelance Hack, Jul 17, 2006.

1. ballscribe

ballscribe Active Member

Clearly being formerly married to Christina Applegate, and cheating on her, has done wonders for his career. ::)

2. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

Taking into consideration the actors, director, level of expectations, money spent and name brand of the product ... there is only one answer for worst movie ever made.

[​IMG]

As they say ... End. Of. Thread.

3. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

Having read the script, it's a really funny movie.

Plus, it's directed by Ivan Reitman, who directed, lemme see here...MEATBALLS, STRIPES, GHOSTBUSTERS 1 & 2, TWINS and KINDERGARTEN COP.

The script, written by a former SIMPSONS writer, is in capabable hands.

4. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

No, there's another nominee for worst movie ever made

[​IMG]

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

OK, you know what you need to do now.  :)

6. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

"You're NOT sending me to the COOOLA!"

7. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

[​IMG]

This dude is the king of straight-to-DVD movies. He was also in 8MM2 (why a sequel? I mean, really) and Poison Ivy II.

8. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

too bad, it looked like he might have a chance to have a nice little career as the creepy/obnoxious guy after "That Thing You Do!"

But why, on the cover, does he look like Jeff Gordon?

9. sportsgopher

sportsgopher Member

The tension is palpapable

10. Rufino

Rufino Active Member

Zapped! Again deserves some mention here as a strong contender. When you can't talk Scott Baio or Heather Thomas into a repeat of their previous roles, you know you are making a seriously bad flick.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

I do not!! I draw the line at straight-to-video sequels.

Anyway, did anyone else look at the video box and go "Hey! Richard Grieco is working again!"

And Rufino, there was a Zapped Again?!?!

12. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

The Jeff Healey Band works again!

I wonder if Jeff Healey is still the same character? They apparently tried to write his character in the original as if he were some world-weary, guitar-playin', blind, heart-of-gold sage, you know, the kind you see in honky tonks all the time. ::)

But it came off more like he was the dullard who blurted out whatever happened into his mind at any given point. Dum Dum on Touche Turtle (sorry, kids have been watching a lot of Boomerang) has more range than Jeff Healey.

Draft saved Draft deleted