1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

We need a new managers etc. thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spnited, Oct 20, 2010.

1. spnited

spnited Active Member

Don Mattingly, Fredi Gonzalez, Eric Wedge, Denis Randy, er, Mike Quade.

LaRussa re-ups for another year.
    Bobby Valentine (lying sack of shit) claims he turned down the Marlins (how many jobs as he supposedly turned down now?)

And no matter who they name GM and manager, The Mets organizaton still sucks:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/20/sports/baseball/20mets.html?ref=sports

2. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Someone mentioned to me that an invisible ceiling on manager salaries could be hurting Valentine's chances of getting a job. Anyone concur?

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

Maybe Valentine telling everyone he's the leading candidate for every job he interviews for is hurting Valentine...egomaniacal jerk.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

It's probably both, but spnited's reasons have to be a big factor.

Can someone explain why Quade pronounces his name the way he does? Most unlikely pronunciation of a last name by a sports figure since Patrick Roy.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Too likely to say what he really thinks and does not suffer fools, i.e. most general managers, lightly. Better to have insomnia-curing Eric Wedge and a guy just happy to be there in Quade than to actually hire someone who can shake a team out of its doldrums and invigorate a fan base. There is no way, none, that there are 30 managers better than Bobby V.

HI SPNITED!!!!!

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I can't even imagine how much of a dick Valentine has to be (I'm not doubting it) for him not to get another job.

I always thought he was a pretty good manager.

7. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Would love to see the Brewers go after Ryne Sandberg.

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

A pretty good manager? He's the greatest manager who ever lived. If you don't believe me, just ask Bobby V himself.

Arrogant, egomanical, overrated, lying douchebag.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

Yes, but enough about Joe Girardi.

10. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Well Joe Girardi should get a raise because he must have coached a brilliant game in a parallel universe last night.

Unfortunately, none of us got to see it.

11. spnited

spnited Active Member

Booby Valentine: 15 years, ZERO divisional titles. 2 90+ win seasons. 1 totally pathetic disguise.

1 huge dickhead of a fan!

To say he's a better manager than Joe Girardi makes him the tallest pygmy.

12. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Sandy Alomar Jr. and DeMarlo Hale are the leading candidates for the Jays vacancy. John Farrell is also in the running.

Draft saved Draft deleted