1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

We lost the Battle of the Bulge?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chi City 81, Nov 7, 2006.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

That roll of the dice put 19,000 American soldiers in the ground and as a result there was a lot of discontent at home. The families of those 19,000 killed probably don't share your sentiment about our domination at that point.

When it comes to partison politics I am never suprised at your intelectual dishonesty.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I thought this was one of Poin's gunt threads.

And this is apples and oranges. I think people should be less angry about losing 19,000 in the cause of stopping a rampaging Hitler than losing 3,000 in the cause of routing a country that was already effectively neutralized. It's the difference between a necessary war and an idiotic war.

3. Ledbetter

Ledbetter Active Member

What he said.

4. Are you completely insane?
    I might as well ask why you insist on denigrating the sacrifice of those 19,000 by framing the battle as a defeat. Rudy said something stupid and wrong, and it's not the first time he's done so -- "My friend Bernie Kerik" and "No, Donna, she's just a friend" being two of the most prominent examples -- and it won't be the last.

5. WHICH THE ALLIES WON!
    (I'm out now, by the way.)

6. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Think you could learn to spell? Three mispellings in a 14-word sentence. And you're ripping someone for "intelectual" problems?

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Hondo thanks for the "spell check" . May I forward you all my posts for proofreading before posting?

I just think this is your attempt to curry favor with our liberal friends and move to the center , in light of changed political landscape.

8. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Draft saved Draft deleted