1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

We just had the Seventh Plague, what's next? Frogs? Locusts?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JR, Jun 24, 2008.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Major electrical storm yesterday with funnel clouds, one tornado sighting and hail--a foot of it, to be exact.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

Day-umn, JR. We had some hail -- I got caught in it while walking back to the parking lot at Chautauqua -- but nothing like that.

Good stuff, slappy.
    Frank Deford (the reason I was out there, and an absolutely delightful speaker) talked about the Cubbies during the Q-and-A following his lecture:

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Please don't let it be frogs.

5. joe

joe Active Member

Mmmm ... frog legs.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

What happened to the frog picture?

7. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Nothing is more strange than someone shoveling hail in a short sleeve shirt. Weather is weird sometimes.

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I took it down. It freaked IJAG out. And since we're buddies, it's the least I could do.

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

And I told him he could leave it up, I just wouldn't read this thread any more.

Frogs are my No. 1 fear. Can't explain it. But seeing that thing freaked me out. So I wanted JR to know there was a reason why I said 'don't let it be frogs' but that I didn't care if the picture remained. I just didn't want him thinking it was a baseless post.

Draft saved Draft deleted