1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

We have to go back! (Lost 2009 season)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JakeandElwood, Jan 20, 2009.

1. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I remember watching the show's premiere.

A large plane crashed. On an island in the middle of the Pacific. Many people SURVIVED. One saw his dead daddy.

We later found out the plane actually split in two, with people from the other half falling in the water . . .and SURVIVING.

The island has a big magnet.

The island has previous inhabitants.

Yeah . . . I'm willing to say they've been asking for a high level of "suspension of disbelief" since Day One, and every day since. "Over the top" is what this show DOES.

2. RossLT

RossLT Guest

I actually got in a rather heated exchange with a guy at work about this. He was saying how he could not believe anything that happened in Rescue Me, which is one of my favorite shows, but was a huge fan of lost cause it is so "real".

3. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Was that a 'Weekend at Bernie's' reference?

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

"We've got Dr. Wizard here."

"Actually, it's Mr. Wizard."

"Shut up!"

I managed to follow most of it. Hurley's explanation to his mother was somewhat helpful. But can someone refresh my memory as to who the old lady was that Ben met in the church at the end?

5. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

She looks like the chick in the jewelery store that told Desmond he couldn't marry Penelope and told him about his gift.

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I have to sleep on all that happened.

I will say this, tonight answered about 75% of the questions, and it is now a sprint to the finish.

Oh, and no way can you just jump back into this show.

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Thanks. I couldn't remember where I saw her before.

The whole time-travel thing is getting pretty weird. It's reminding me a bit of Quantum Leap. I guess I'll keep watching, though.

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I'm going to assume that is Faraday's mom.

9. schiezainc

So did I hear them right when they revealed what the Dharma Initiative is? An organization searching for a way to time travel?

10. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Come on. That story can't possibly be true. Someone argued they love the show because it is "so real??" Really??

11. I thought it was pretty damn good.

12. schiezainc

I thought it was good overall but, as most of the season openers have been, it was a little bit of a letdown. I'll no doubt be more into it as the season goes on.

Draft saved Draft deleted