1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

We have to go back! (Lost 2009 season)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JakeandElwood, Jan 20, 2009.

1. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

Well, I just thought it meant made him feel better and gave him someone to talk to. You know, she was dealing with Boone's death at the time and he had just been dealing with his mom's death. But maybe you're right, maybe Vincent is more than just your average hound. Anything's possible, I guess.

BTW, we just watched the "extras" disc that came with the Season 1 DVD package and Oh, My God. It was really amazing how they talk about getting it together to shoot that pilot and everything. They actually went out and BOUGHT A PLANE, AN L-1011 to use in the crash scenes. Unbelievable.

Also, interesting to see how the show was cast. A lot of the characters were actually written into the pilot after the people came in. Sun came in to read for the Kate part and they just decided to create her character. And Charlie read for the Sawyer part and they tweaked his character, which originally was supposed to be an "aging" rock star. Some amazing stuff on there.

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Rewatching Season One, but I have already concluded that the dog died in the crash and that Jacob/Esau is living in the form of the dog.

What's the first living thing Jack sees on the island? The dog.

Oh, another theory...

The Spanish translation comic book that they see the polar bear is, well, your brain is going to hurt because the plot of the comic is very similar to a popular tv show.

http://lost.wikia.com/wiki/Green_Lantern/Flash:_Faster_Friends_1

3. NDub

NDub Guest

Vincent is the first thing he sees. But if you watch when Vincent shows up in certain episodes, he's always coming out of the bushes or sneaking up on someone who's in the jungle by themselves. And that someone always has something important going on. I also find it strange how Vincent just disappears all the time and freely wanders around. Locke found him a few days after the crash. Vincent also got away from Walt and some of the 815ers and was gone for days at a time. Just weird. I dunno. Maybe I'm looking too much into this.

4. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Oh, god. :) Just got forwarded this via a friend on Facebook.

If you're in the mood for a good Lost-inspired laugh, check out this video:

.facebook.com%2Fposted.php%3Fid%3D502916989%26share_id%3D92529394614%26ref%3Dnf&feature=player_embedded

It's the opening credits for Lost: The Sitcom!

5. All this talk about Vincent reminds me of the mobisodes (http://abc.go.com/primetime/lost/missingpieces/index).
    Watch at least this first one. It will give you a new perspective on Vincent.

6. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Thanks for the link. I had never seen those. But it would seem odd for Jacob to be taking orders from Christian wouldn't it?

7. NDub

NDub Guest

Thanks for the link. But is this stuff non-canon like the Comic Con videos (Pierre Chang/Faraday conversation) or the Alvar Hanso/Dharma video?

8. I'd have to verify it, but I'm pretty sure they have said it is canon because they wrote it and directed it.

9. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Are those links deleted scenes or were they filmed just for the web?
    Fascinating stuff regardless.

10. http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Mobisodes

11. NDub

NDub Guest

I've only watched the Vincent webisode but reading that Lostpedia entry makes me want to check all of them out. We could find some answers since it is canon. That Vincent stuff still intrigues the hell outta me.

12. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

While searching Elizabeth Mitchell making out with Angelina Jolie in Gia, thanks Hondo! I ran across this on IMDB.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1453335/fullcredits#cast

Spoilers ahead, turn away now.

The IMDB listing is for the first episode of Season 6, set to air in January.
    Titled LA X, the cast includes Shannon, Boone, Juliet and Dr. Arzt, among others. So people from the crash, but also people like Miles and some of the more current characters.
    Including someone named Ben, played by Robert Miles, a new addition to the cast.

LA X is a two-parter and the episodes list says 18 shows. The third is called "What Kate Does" and most episodes are just numbered, but some have titles like "Sundown" and "Lighthouse."
    In episode three, one of the dudes from Always Sunny in Philadelphia plays a character named "Aldo."
    Pretty fascinating stuff, if you're a Lost diehard.

Draft saved Draft deleted