1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

We have to go back! (Lost 2009 season)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JakeandElwood, Jan 20, 2009.

1. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

I'll start the thread with a random thing that's been bothering me lately. Every one of Desmond's "prophecies" came to pass when he didn't alter the chain of events, right?
    Well back a couple seasons ago, his vision of what happened if Charlie hit the button in the Looking Glass station ended with Claire and the baby getting into a helicopter and leaving the island.
    Now since the baby is coming back to the island (not a baby anymore, of course) this could still happen. But if she's with Christian and Jacob and appearing in dreams, isn't she dead?

Just an example of how intricate this show is, I guess. I'm excited for this season. Hopefully they actually still give a few answers like they seemed to start to do last season.

2. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Scared the heck out of me.

Been on a long vacation/roadtrip (midwest to south, to west), and thought I missed the premiere.

Wednesday, right?

As for questions: I just keep telling myself they have two more seasons. Anything they leave after that, I'll have a bone to pick.

3. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

My sister-in-law has a theory I'm starting to buy that when the rocket hit the house Claire was in, she died. Sure, she was carried out, but she was dead from then on. Everything since then has been her ghost.

4. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I watched the three-hour season-ending block ABC showed last week, complete with their little pop-up video thing, and I'm very glad I did. Even though I'm a huge fan, there's so much going on and enough time had passed that a refresher was needed.

Does it seem to anyone else that ABC isn't promoting the premiere as much as you'd expect? Maybe I just don't watch enough on that network to see a lot of the promotion. But I haven't seen much in magazines or the stars making TV appearances pimping it, which is surprising.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I skipped most of last season, but may start watching again. I go very hot and cold on this show. Sometimes it's the best show on TV and sometimes it makes me want to throw my TV off the balcony.

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Kind of like watching your favotrite team, right?

I have a feeling we are in for an amazing ride these next two seasons.

7. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

It's gotten really, really good again, and looks like a good time to get back on board. But you would need to at least watch the last hours of last season -- this isn't an easy show to just drop in on to begin with, and it's taken some hard turns of late.

8. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

What sucks in my market is that the local ABC affiliate also carries the Raycom basketball package and Lost is getting bumped to after Jimmy Kimmel for this week and next.
    Thank God for Tivo.

9. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Wfw. I don't think you can even miss one episode with this show. I wish I had known about that recap ABC was doing. I did catch some of the final episodes on Scifi last night.

10. Seahawk

Seahawk Member

Did they actually show Claire in the flashback? I don't remember. They showed the baby, but thinking back, I wonder if I just assumed it was Claire.

11. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

The last 1/2 of Season 4 was great. It made a huge recovery from the start of Season 3.

12. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Without that last 1/2 of Season 4, I was done. What a terrific comeback. I only hope that this year keeps it up. I'm stoked (which means it will disappoint right?).

Draft saved Draft deleted