1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

We had a baby boy!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by YGBFKM, Aug 17, 2011.

1. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Count me in as one of the clueless.

But congratulations! Hope you stocked up on your sleep.

2. joe

joe Active Member

Sleep? Ha! Only if you consider two uninterrupted hours "sleep."

Seriously, congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Consonants.

Joe

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Congrats man... Kids are fun.

I could not be happier for you man...

4. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Congrats YGBFKM and Care Bear!

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Congratulations.

Mine is a fresh two years old, and he's already the best friend I've ever had.

I can't explain to you both how difficult and how rewarding this is going to be (and I'm still in the early days). It can only be experienced.

One thing that's really surprised me is how quickly the, "I created him/He has my DNA" thrill and awe wears off and I instead have begun to view him as just his own little person that I am in co-charge of raising. I know this is a tangent, but I can definitely understand why adoptive parents consider themselves parents, no qualification necessary. If you would have asked me two years ago, I would have figured this would have the opposite effect.

6. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

from someone who is looking forward to my own little one (someday), Congrats! Just be sure to go easy on those sportswriters who cost him a scholarship.

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Congrats

Everything has now changed for you - all for the better.

Does Government Mule sing a lullaby?

8. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Mazel Tov. I'll pass along the only piece of useful advice that I received when my son was born. Place a burp cloth or a wipe over the little one's privates when changing him. Stops you from getting sprayed.

9. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

Adding to the congrats! Happy times on the board.

10. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Just in! Case!

(Get it? Get it?)

11. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Awesome to hear that everything went smoothly. Congrats, guys.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

"He's getting banned from message boards at a sixth grade level."--Case's second grade teacher, 2018

Congrats to you both! I take a not insignificant amount of pride in knowing both of you before your relationship began and seeing that little baby bump on Care Bear in March. Very happy for you, just make sure he doesn't root for any shitty Chicago-based teams!!! :D

Draft saved Draft deleted