1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

We got snakes in the kitchen!!!!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Armchair_QB, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

What? Slide a fang through the side of their mouth? I think you're making that up.

haha.

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I went to a football game last year and was getting ready to go into the bathroom when someone warned me to look out for snakes.
    Apparently in the visitor's bathroom a woman picked up a toilet seat to see a giant rattler staring at her.
    The good ol' boys had a lot of fun killing that thing. They used shovels, but I was told someone went to the gun rack and pulled out some sort of weapon.

I am deathly afraid of snakes and am not sure what I would have done in AQB's situation, though I maybe could have done the job of pinning the snake down. Not sure and I don't want to find out.

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

A few weeks ago, I was rolling the trash cart out to the road. I went back to where we put the cart at one of the back doors ready to walk in.

Below me, on the steps, was a five-foot black snake that wanted into the door to the laundry room. Scared the sh_t out of me because I was just going about my business. Suffice it to say I quickly got out of there, walked around to the front. Worse, my stepfather, not the quickest afoot due to a variety of ailments, was shuffling into the kitchen - next to the laundry room. I get into the front door in time to order him not to go anywhere near the kitchen.

We both stepped outside and saw the snake was still trying to find a hole or loose or broken seal to get in. No luck - thank goodness. More interesting, I stayed far, far away ... for some reason, my stepfather goes out and throws a couple of large rocks at it from about 15-20 feet out. I don't know what he was thinking ... if he had angered that snake, he had no chance to get away and defend himself.

Luckily, the snake went away. An hour later, a family came over to look at our house, which is on the market.

4. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

During my stint in the army, one item always came up in the safety briefing before we went out and did our thing: Leave the wildlife alone. Not trying to be a fear-monger here, but unless, as in AQB's case, the thing is in your house, don't mess with it. Double pillow or not. Just not worth the risk.

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Hey, the Cosby's did it, and so did the Taylors on Home Improvement. It works ... or so it seems.

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Kill that sumbitch dead.

7. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

It's been documents many times before. They can't get it out too far, but if you don't watch where your fingers are, you'll lose one.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

A_QB: "I've gotten attached to the critter. I've named him Dusty. Can I be the one to behead him?"

Draft saved Draft deleted