1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

We can "tap" our way out of a problem

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twoback, Aug 4, 2008.

1. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

You can't drill out of the energy crisis in ANWR or offshore, but you can tap the strategic petroleum reserves and fix it?
    Yep, that's Obama's new position.

Obama, who as recently as last month argued against tapping into the petroleum reserve located in caverns in Texas and Louisiana, proposed that the government sell 70 million barrels of oil from its stockpiles and said that releases from the reserve in the past have lowered gas prices within two weeks.

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

If it were refined gasoline we could tap, then maybe yeah.

But again ...

Crude oil supply is not the problem. We've got tankers lined up at our ports because we can't refine it fast enough.

3. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

Talk about distorting someone's position: This concession was a tiny part of the initiative he announced today. Read or listen to the whole thing. The "fix" he's proposing (and I have no idea if it's a good idea or not) has little to do with the releases from the reserve.

4. Lamar Mundane

Lamar Mundane Member

I thought this was a Beer Commercial ... BOOOOOOOOOO!!

5. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

I thought it was a comparison of how MMA imitates life. All the problems end for an MMA fighter when he taps out... I thought maybe there was a life solution for that as well...

Stupid political thread.

6. Grimace

Grimace Guest

If the passage of a solid energy plan means throwing a few bones to the idiot masses, then so be it.

God I hate stupid people.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Larry Craig warns you can also tap your way into a problem.

8. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

I thought this would be a thread about how free love and fucking in the streets could save us all. Oh well.

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Doesn't mean it can't. 8)

10. writing irish

It worked for me once in Salem, Mass. It was cold, however.

11. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Shrinkage?

12. writing irish

Thankfully, no, but I was pretty worried about that. It was late on a night in November.

Draft saved Draft deleted