1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

We are ... Thug State

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by sabrefan, Nov 15, 2007.

1. sabrefan

sabrefan Member

A new week, more Penn State football players face felony charges.

http://www.centredaily.com/news/local/story/262134.html

2. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Too bad. The stadium's already clean.

3. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Knowledge Timmons?

Knowledge? :-\

Incidences such as this can make it seem as if parents have misnamed their kids.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Knowledge are good. :p

5. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Baker is an idiot. You think someone facing trial on assault charges would keep his nose clean. Talked to him Saturday after the Temple game and didn't strike me as the sharpest knife in the drawer. I'd be shocked if he ever played another down at Penn State.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

You never know. Depends how much Paterno thinks he needs him and how much slack he thinks he can get away with giving the kid.

Not that it doesn't happen all over.

7. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Problem is they do need him. Jared Odrick, who was playing at an All-Conference level, broke his ankle a few weeks back against Indiana and is obviously done for the year. He's 6-5, 290 so you never know how he'll respond to that kind of injury, his first major one I believe. Tom McEowen, another talented DT PSU was counting on heavily, has been out most of the year after suffering a knee injury in the spring.

Baker had been playing well lately (had 2.5 sacks against Temple on Saturday), but the fight was over a month ago. JoePa has no doubt given kids slack in the past (Anwar Phillips comes to mind first), but even Joe will only tolerate so much. Baker is done at Penn State.

8. Sportsbruh

Sportsbruh Member

THUGS DO IT BETTA

9. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

It's times like these that make me yearn for my State College years to return.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Why? Did JoePa get you out of a felony charge too?

11. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

The best stories are the ones never told ...

12. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

You gotta love how slow the wheels of justice turn in Centre County. This fight was in early Oct.

Draft saved Draft deleted