1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"we are marshall"

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by shockey, Jan 8, 2008.

1. I'm watching it again now. The guy who played Nate Ruffin - the one with the injured shoulder - did an incredible job. Never seen him before.

2. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

I saw it for the first time on HBO as well. Absolute dreck. I couldn't get over how bad it was.

3. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Sounds like it could've benefitted from McShane dropping a certain 10-letter expletive.

4. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

I thought the same thing watching the movie. It was a very good movie, but I kept expecting him to drop a few choice words.

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Call me crazy (or chazp), but I saw the movie yesterday for the first time and I liked it. Although I thought McConnaughey was horribly miscast. I never thought I was watching Jack Lengyel, I thought I was watching MM trying to pull off playing a FB coach.

I loved the drumlines on both scenes where the game was on the line and each coach asked Red to send in the play.

Young Bobby B was pretty good, too.

But did the prez of the university really have to accost an NCAA guy at the door of Kansas City HQ to allow Marshall to play freshmen? (BTW, the freshman rule went out a year later, if I'm not mistaken.)

6. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

There's plenty of fabrication in that movie, beginning with the fact that the title/eponymous chant wasn't used at Marshall until some time in the 80s after they stole it from Penn State.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

And I heard the plane crash wasn't that bad. Some players lost their luggage, that's all.

Draft saved Draft deleted