1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"we are marshall"

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by shockey, Jan 8, 2008.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Wife liked it.

For me, it was decent, but don't expect Hoosiers.

2. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

See, that's part of my point, Marshall fans think they're loved by all.

3. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I think MM was talking out of one side of his mouth to be in character. It looked like the other half was completely numbed up, almost like a Bells Palsey thing.

4. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

That's not it at all. I just didn't think anyone cared about Marshall enough to call them their most hated rival. And where do you get that MU is loved by all? Indifferent by all would be my guess.

5. expendable

I was at App State in the 1990s. The two schools had a great rivalry for a while before Marshall left the Southern Conference.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Unless that was in character. Not knowing Lengyel, I can't say.

7. We watched "Invincible" over the Christmas break (surprisingly at my daughter's request) and the entire family thoroughly enjoyed it. Strike that, the younger daughter did not. The older desire did not want to watch "We Are Marshall" though.

Warner Brothers is owned by Disney now?

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Glad you got to see Shockey. I thought it was a great movie. I was not prepared for the ending. Room got dusty real fast.

9. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

Oh yeah, I was at many MU-Appy State games when they came to Huntington. I just didn't remember that Appy State considered MU their top rival. Michigan on the other hand... well, actually, I guess both teams have to win before it's a rivalry, right? BURN!

10. expendable

Oh, I agree 100 percent:

Of course, ASU does lead the all-time series 14-8. ;D

11. Terence Mann

Terence Mann Member

Why is there a marching band playing music for the Marshall team at the airport when it arrives by bus after the East Carolina game in 1970? Marshall lost, right? I haven't been to a lot of airports and private airstrips when the losing team flies home, but the few times I have been, the band's never been there playing fight songs.

12. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

I didn't think it would be very good but I really liked it. Watched it twice on HBO the past couple days.

Draft saved Draft deleted