1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

We all await No. 20,000 with bated breath, big boy

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by sportsed, Jul 3, 2006.

1. sportsed

sportsed Guest

So what's it gonna be?

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

What's it baited with?

Back later.

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

20K? Jeebus.

4. sportsed

sportsed Guest

baté?

Got nothin'.

5. sportsed

sportsed Guest

If 20K isn't a naked photo of that Fast Food Nation girl, I'm blowing myself up.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

It's like New Years Eve, the night before Xmas and the night before my wedding all rolled into one!!

The anticipation is killing me!!  :D

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

If memory serves, I baited you to 10,000. Racking brain presently ...

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Please let it be WOCKA WOCKA WOCKA!

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

This is Dooley's "Guernica".

If, that is, he was talented, and produced something of value.

10. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I wish I had a SportsJournalists.com version of a game I used to play with my brother and wife. Maturity has dampened my recent attempts, alas.

It doesn't have a name, but the object was to get either to spit their drink out at my provocation. The trick is that they knew I was trying, so an unsuspecting comment didn't count.

I've nailed both of them so emphatically. I'll never forget going out to a semi-respectable restaurant with my wife and getting her. Very few people, if any, were in the place, so I brayed like a donkey and she spit her drink out.

I nailed my brother REAL good in a New Albany, Ind. pizza joint once, but I don't remember what I did to get him to spit.

I nailed myself one time in Louisville at the Bardstown Skyline Chili with SJ's venerable Z Man. The Skyline sits in the parking lot of one of those urban-type malls and there was a Winn Dixie there. Winn Dixie hailed themselves as The Beef People, but the neon "T" shorted out, so it said, He Beef People.

I have no idea why, but I thought it was hiliarious and couldn't shut my yap or stop giggling about it. Of course, when you try to keep from laughing, you're going down a hellish path as you continue to conjure up that which is amusing you, and I finally lost it, blurting out a big laugh with a mouthful of 3-Way chili, which splattered all over Z Man.

Z Man was not amused.

But anyway, other than posting pix which have no relevance to anything, I don't know what the SJ equivalent is, Dools.

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Stay away from the fireworks tonight, Bubbler.

12. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I'm betting for post No. 20,000, Dools is announcing that he is moving to Tahoe and creating a Plain Dealer bureau.

Draft saved Draft deleted