1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Ways To Tear Your Achilles Tendon" For $200, Alex

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by nck228, Jul 27, 2011.

1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Talk about double jeopardy ...

2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

What is self-inflicted humiliation?

BTW, Trebek surely needed my services prior to letting this one out. Here's how it would have gone down:

Trebek: I chased her out, the damn burglar, she tried to steal my money!!
    Me: Really? Have you looked at her lately?
    Trebek: I didn't invite her in from the bar you know, she was just in the room.
    Me: Okay, why were you naked and how did she get in?
    Trebek: How do I know? She was just there. And I sleep in my birthday suit every night.
    Me: [Thinking, that's too much info right there, but good thing its protected by attorney-client privilege.] Are you positive you've never seen her before, because you're famous and everyone out there has two eyes and they will ask everyone in SF whether they ever saw you with her?
    Trebek: I'm not sure, I don't think so.
    Me: Wait, you're not sure? You better damn well be sure before you say anything, you've been a huge star for 30 years, this will be huge news. Are you sure you want to say it was a burglar? How about we sit on this for a few minutes and think it over.
    Trebek: What are you doubting me? What do I pay you $400 per hour for? This? I'm sticking to my story dammit. You're Fired!!!
    Me: You know that my clients don't pay me to be a cheerleader. right?
    Trebek: Yeah, I know. [eyes downcast.] You don't know what its like being Trebek. I'm Jeopardy baby [eyes light up], everyone will believe me! See you around counselor.

3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Well he was with his wife and the lady does have priors for burglary and was caught with all their stuff so I'll go with Trebek's story now.

BTW ruptured my Achilles before and its a bit*h with your foot hanging there like a trout on the line and you have lost all control of your foot (had to have surgery the next day).

4. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

Beautiful.

5. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Betcha no one tries to rob Bob Barker.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/QnJQ9U9pW9Q

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

If he catches you, he might spay or neuter you.

7. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Eighteen replies in and still no "Suck it, Trebek"?

Y'all are slippin'.

8. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

ditto. Did it playing basketball last year, a full tear. The pain wasn't so bad, even after the surgery, but I couldn't walk or drive all summer.

9. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

Contestant: "I'll take embarrassing incidents for $400, Alex."

Horns go off.

Trebek: "And, it's a Daily Double!. This is a photo Daily Double. How much would you like to wager?"

Contestant: "I'll make it a true Daily Double and wager $3,000, Alex."

Trebek: "Okay. The proper response when you see this photo of the woman who broke into my hotel room."

Contestant: "What is screaming 'AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!' at the top of my lungs and running away in holy terror?"

Trebek: "Correct! And you now have $6,000 and the lead!"

Crowd applauds.

Draft saved Draft deleted