1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

wayne coffey his another homer...

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by shockey, Sep 19, 2010.

1. shockey

shockey Active Member

the best newspaper takeout writer in the biz, who i'm proud to call a friend, for full disclosure, hit it outta the park again on his plaxico buress takeout.

underplayed, by snooze standards, is any pronouncements of exclusivity. it's mentioned, natch, but in a most understated way. a pleasure to see at a joint that seems intent on out-posting the n.y. post on self-congratulatory nonsense. i mean, their new jets beat guy -- who otherwise has been excellent -- needs to have an editor tell him to cool it on using "the daily news" in almost every, no matter how newsworthy the info or effective the quote.

he should study coffey's style:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/2010/09/19/2010-09-19_plaxico_talks_about_life_behind_bars.html

2. Sam_Borden

Sam_Borden New Member

I, too, am a friend (and former colleague) of Wayne's but he is absolutely one of the best storytellers in the business. This is one of many home runs that he's hit.

Sam Borden

Draft saved Draft deleted