1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Way to go, Mississippi!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by three_bags_full, Apr 20, 2011.

1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

How far away do you propose?

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

"You Angel Beach assholes need to get your butts back home. This is a man's county!"

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

If I ruled the world I'd kick the asses of the WBC folks and of half the people on this board whose views I find childish, despicable and offensive. But I'll take Rule of Law over Rule of Man any day.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Your mother's house.

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

But enough about Clubber

6. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Phelps and his clan are attention whores as much as much they are hate mongers. The best way to handle them is ignore them. People in Kansas basically stopped paying attention to them 15-20 years ago, so they took the show on the road.

7. RickStain

We have a lot of military funerals there.

8. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

This same exact discussion occurs on any WBC thread, and I just have one question: How is Fred Phelps not dead? I would have assumed he would have been assassinated years ago.

9. RickStain

Everyone likes to talk a good game about how horrible these people are, but in the end, nobody really wants to risk getting themselves in real trouble, because they know they are irrelevant attention whores.

10. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

Probably right, but I figured there would be just one wingnut, a former solider, perhaps, who just has had enough. No, instead, we get wingnuts who shoot politicians in Arizona. Makes sense.

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Actually, it does make perfect sense that crazies go around shooting people, and sane people don't.

12. MartinonMTV2

MartinonMTV2 New Member

I find myself agreeing with that last sentence quite a bit.

Of course, there also are people here who have a strangely stretched definition of First Amendment rights in other areas. Those discussions are always lively and filled with numerous blends of ignorance.

Draft saved Draft deleted