1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Way to change user name?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by NickMordo, Nov 16, 2011.

1. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

I'm trying to change my user name (for reasons regarding confidentiality -- I'm a secret agent) but realized that the account setting do not give me that option. That is, unless, I am an idiot.

So, is this possible? If not, I will live...

2. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Contact Kenny or Moddy with your case. Otherwise just create a new username, which is much simpler to do.

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Used to be an option, but its been gone for a quite a while. An April Fool's Day tradition went away with it.

4. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

And evaporate my numerous posts of great knowledge? Perhaps...

5. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

If you're worried about confidentiality, then you'll want your posting history erased, right?

6. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

I was being semi-facetious. Wouldn't the posts stick around, just with a new username tagged next to them? Or would they be viewed with the old one. Either way, a chance would be welcomed and appreciated.

7. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

If I remember correctly, Webby and Co. only made changes like that to a person's username under extremely rare conditions.

The easiest thing to do is nuke this name and just start posting with a new name.

8. I tried to change my handle to MetaWorldPeace but I had an outstanding warrant.

9. da man

da man Well-Known Member

You know, you can always create a new name and keep the old one around just to marvel at your past wisdom.

10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I think DeeperBackground3 is taken though.

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

So is skiptomylou2 and skiptomylou3.

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

But COCKDIAN!2 is free and clear

Draft saved Draft deleted