1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Waterproof note pads?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by statrat, Oct 23, 2007.

1. statrat

statrat Member

I remember we had a thread on this awhile ago, but I searched and couldn't find anything. I spent Friday and Saturday getting myself (and my note pad) soaked at a pair of football games. Does anybody know where I could buy waterproof notebooks? I Googled it, but only came up with a supplier in Britain. I use a recorder for interviews in the rain, but its a little hard to keep stats on a recorder. Help!

2. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Military supply store. They're not cheap, so you may not want to take pages and pages of stats.

You can also try writing with Sharpie (doesn't freeze) on a regular notebook tucked inside a clear plastic trash bag or big ziploc bag.

3. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

The press box is dry. When it rains, I'd keep stats from up there. But that's just me.

4. statrat

statrat Member

If only I had that luxury. One of the fields does not have a press box, and I had to take photos at both games as well.

5. rpmmutant

rpmmutant Member

You can find clip boards with plastic screens. Those help.
    And always have a couple pencils handy with you on the field. I covered a game one night that was so cold, my pens froze. A pencil would have come in handy.

6. rpmmutant

rpmmutant Member

7. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

8. reformedhack

reformedhack Well-Known Member

I had to read that sentence again, very carefully.

9. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

10. statrat

statrat Member

11. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I had that happen a couple of times in Idaho, one time in a press box. That is why it is a good idea to care a pencil in your bag.

12. markvid

markvid Guest

Glad I wasn't the only one

Draft saved Draft deleted