1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Water polo is so gay

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Oggiedoggie, Jan 21, 2008.

1. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

And now, a Heather's jack.

And the ad at the bottom of this thread is great.

"The refreshingly gay fitness site. Real jock."

2. Jones

Jones Active Member

Three points:

1) Water polo is easily the toughest sport I've ever played. See "The Blood in the Water" match between Hungary and the Russkies.

2) I find it sad and interesting that an incident like this somehow paints gay people in a bad light. When a straight guy molests a kid, I don't feel like I have to defend straight people -- "We're not all child molesters, you know." I mean, as if the actions of few perverts, gay or straight, are representative of the rest of us. Still, it shows how far we still need to go, I suppose.

3) I don't have to defend my listening to Sufjan Stevens to anybody.

3. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

The water polo tourneys at scout camp were held in the shallow end... until fights became commonplace.

So they moved us to the deep end... and the fights stopped because people were too busy trying not to drown.

Water polo... tougher than soccer and competitive cheer combined

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Really, could you? :D

5. Zsaji

Zsaji New Member

I covered the water polo team in college and I have to agree that the amount of effort these guys have to put into not drowning is impressive. My favorite thing was the fingernail check before games to make sure nobody's nails were long enough to do permanent damage underwater. Evil crap going on below the surface...

Draft saved Draft deleted