1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Watchmen: Eh.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TigerVols, Feb 19, 2009.

1. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I've read in ET that the had to tweak the ending a little, but that Snyder fought really hard to keep it essentially what it is.

It does have a lot of Stephen King in it (or IT) though. Watchman was my first ever graphic novel, and I definitely enjoyed it, but the ending was kind of a fizzle for me. I liked it, I just didn't love it. Glad I read it, and I'll probably see the movie, but I didn't step away from it feeling like it was one of the 100 Greatest Novels of the last 100 years, as TIME proclaimed. But still very interesting and beautiful stuff.

2. greenlantern

greenlantern Guest

It wasn't a spider. It was a large vagina with tentacles.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I don't ever want to meet any woman you have dated.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

How does it compare to Sin City?

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

As has been mentioned before, so much of what was original about the comic has been many, many times in the intervening years. I haven't seen it, but I'm sure it will lack some of the punch it had when so many of the ideas and presentations were fresh.

6. Mizzougrad96

I've never read a comic book in my life, but I usually like movies like this.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

It's a graphic novel!

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I stopped reading comics when I was about 11 or 12, but I still see quite a few of the superhero movies. I still have a soft spot for them when they are well done.
    I'll probably see this. I'm familiar with the general content of the comics, but I never read them. I was 16 when they came out.

9. Mizzougrad96

I loved the first two Spiderman movies. The third one sucked. Both of the last two Batman movies were outstanding. Sin City was amazing.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I know you're kidding, but now I'm wondering if anybody else here knows. Wasn't Watchmen first published as a mini-series?

I wonder if they had any other graphic novels listed among those 100 greatest novels in the last 100 years that Double Down mentioned. I just finished reading Maus, which won a Pulitzer, though I was mildly disappointed. Maybe my expectations were too high. Alan Moore was supposedly a very big fan of that one.

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Thor and Captain America movies in pre production.

12. Mizzougrad96

Both have epic fail written all over them.

Draft saved Draft deleted