1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Watching the Emmys right now

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Babyjay, Sep 21, 2008.

1. Same here. Fuck the Emmys.

2. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Damn "In Memoriam". Friggin' things get me every time.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I love Mad Men but its writing was better than The Wire?

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZE.

4. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

But c'mon. Don Rickles got an Emmy! ::)

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

bout damn time...

6. GoochMan

GoochMan Active Member

Charlatans...all of them.

The Wire should be trying to cap off an unprecedented 5-for-5 right now...instead it's been ignored.

Respect has been lost that can never be earned back.

7. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

That was one of the worst award shows ever. The writing was painful and Heidi Klum couldn't even read the teleprompter. At least Mad Men came away with a win.

8. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Mad Men 16 ... The Wire how many? ;)

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'm watching the west coast feed missed a bit of the first hour to watch the Yankee Stadium goings-on, nobody does that crap better than the Yankees (got a little teary), but the Emmys aren't really doing it for me. The hosts aren't bringing anything to the table, I don't know why they don't cut off a speech after the fifth name gets thanked (instead of cutting off someone who is actually saying something).
    Ricky Gervais should just host this thing next year (the guy was the funniest person on it). The political jibes are just falling flat.

10. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I love The Wire as much as anybody, but the writing on Season 1 of Mad Men was indeed better than Season 5 of The Wire. If the Emmys are doing what they are supposed to do, this is the right outcome.

Now, making up for past misdeeds, that's a whole other thing. The Wire should have 100 Emmys. But Mad Men was phenomenal, and better than The Wire was in its final and weakest season.

11. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Amen.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Glad to see Cranston win best Drama actor - he did a hell of a job. Whoever produced this mess should be taken out and shot. Too many hosts (when none would do just fine), a lot of filler early, cutting short some of the more meaningful moments later in the show.

Draft saved Draft deleted