1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Watching Movies with Parents or Kids

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Care Bear, Jul 21, 2008.

1. tonysoprano

tonysoprano Member

Wow. I can only imagine

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I was thinking more of the scene right before that one. And there's a lovely prison scene, too.

3. tonysoprano

tonysoprano Member

Oh my. I know which ones you're referring to.

Wow....this thread is making me very uncomfortable.....

I do remember though once when I went and saw the first "Grumpy Old Men" with my mom when it first came out. We actually laughed our asses off together.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

I remember a buddy and I rented "Skin Deep," starring John Ritter, when we were juniors in high school. We'd heard about a scene with glow-in-the-dark condoms and we figured it would be funny.

And it would have been, if his mom--who could make the heads of SportsJournalists.com Conservative Nation look liberal--hadn't walked downstairs and joined us right as the scene began. My friend fumbled for the remote control and hit stop. "Ooops," he says. His mom says oh, you can put it back on. My buddy fumbles with the remote some more and manages to fast fwd thru the scene while his mom is thumbing thru a magazine or something. She eventually left the room and we watched the movie in its entirety. Can't remember being overwhelmed by the scene in question though.

5. I watched Borat with my fiancee and future in-laws. Her dad loves crazy comedy movies, but it was pretty uncomfortable watching it with my future mother-in-law. But she wanted to.

6. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

My ex-wife had a cousin-in-law who could pretty much make Lisa Lampanelli blush.

His wife and her sisters got their parents (upstanding teetotaling Jesus freaks) a VCR for Christmas a few years back. Bill volunteered to go rent a video for the family to watch.

He came back with one tape: Caligula.

No word on what they thought about DILF Mirren's performance.

Draft saved Draft deleted