1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Watch your butt at Ball State

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Trey Beamon, Apr 9, 2010.

1. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

This is unfortunate for the women involved. Doesn't mean it's not a little funny:

Ball State University Police are investigating two on campus assaults in which case the suspect slapped two women on the buttocks as he rode by on a bicycle Wednesday morning.

According to a public safety notice sent out to students and staff on Wednesday the assaults took place near Worthen Arena and the Student Health Center. The Ball State Daily News reports a third victim declined to file a police report.

“According to Assistant Chief Robert Fey, two women walking in the area reported being slapped on their buttocks by a white male as he rode past them on a bicycle,” the notice read.

24-Hour News 8 obtained a copy of the police reports which show the victims to be an 18-year-old woman and a 33-year-old woman. The 33-year-old woman is believed to be a staff member.

Each report is classified as a “simple assault” that happened between 7:50 and 8 a.m. Wednesday.

Ball State issued a public safety notice to students and employees after the incidents. Reaction was mixed.

"I thought it was horrible, what happened to these girls," said student Jenika Garison.

"Somebody got their butt slapped," said another student, Michael Hole. "It's kind of funny."

A Facebook group supporting the bicyclist has sprouted up since the public safety notice went out on Wednesday and has attracted nearly 7,000 fans. An opposing group was created as a protest the formation of the group that supports the suspect, it had 210 fans when this story was last updated.

"It's not that big a deal," said student Adam Jermain. "I feel like it's the Boy Who Cried Wolf and I think no one is going take the broadcast seriously."

Jermain denied his opinion was because he's a man and not a woman.

"No, I could be afraid the butt slapper is going to smack me next," Jermain said.

http://www.wishtv.com/dpp/news/local/north_central/campus-cops-search-for-bike-slapper

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Are we sure it wasn't a 350-pound former football player who did this?, :)

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I feel sorry for the bicycle if it was.

4. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

"Somebody got their butt slapped," said another student, Michael Hole. "It's kind of funny."

They're talking about slapping butts and this guys name is Hole?
    heh heh heh

5. brettwatson

brettwatson Active Member

Boom goes the Dynamite!!

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Trying to come up with an alibi.

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I think the assailant is pining for the days when my supple ass sauntered around campus.

To the person doing this, sorry but my ass ain't coming back. Slapping other people's asses as a clear form of compensation for my absence is not cool, even if my ass is the all-time BSU gold standard.

As for the assault charges ... shit. I could have single-handedly gridlocked our court system with all of the rump wraps I endured at North Quad alone.

You guys think its all champagne and roses having this supple ass, but it's not. IT'S NOT! I endure my burden with outward reserve and inward tumult, but endure I will. Yes, endure I will.

8. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

In other college butt-slapping news:

http://www.themaneater.com/stories/2010/4/6/south-butt-resolves-legal-battle-north-face/

(I know it's a reach (around), but the MU student was slapped with a lawsuit for selling his butts.)

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Ummm, congrats.

10. NDub

NDub Guest

I miss Ball State.

Draft saved Draft deleted