1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wasn't Time's Man of the Year decided January 15?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Simon_Cowbell, Aug 16, 2009.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Beck is far from original. He's just following the template established by the Republicans who terrorized the vote-counters in Florida in 2000.

2. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

I knew what he meant, but he's just giving more misinformation about Beck that the left pics up and runs with.

Birthers - Beck has been making fun of them too.
    The so-called Obama/American Internment Camp - Yes, Beck had a show about them. A show that was dedicated to debunking the myth set forth by conspiracy theorists. Of course Media Matters, the Huff Post and Daily Kos conviently leave the latter part out of their attack Beck memos.

3. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

All you gotta do is look one post above yours, Red, for an example of the left's devotion to misinformation.

4. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

yeah I didn't see birthers blocking polling places in Philly with weapons.

then again, if they did I'm pretty sure Holder and Co. Would have followed through on what was an open and shut case.

5. dooley_womack1

That didn't occur in 2000? Bullshit. Unless soundstages and actors all of a sudden were employed by the networks and the news channels, incidents like that most certainly did occur.

6. Sleeper

Sleeper Member

Beck is a clown. His show is unwatchable. The longest I've ever made it through one of his segments was when Colbert skewered his "9-12 project" bullshit. I don't agree with O'Reilly most of the time, but I'd watch him 100 times in a row before subjecting myself to Beck's torture.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

8. dooley_womack1

That was the lamest Sigma Chi pep rally ever.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It will be old people since they won't be allowed to get much older if Obama's health plan passes. ;D

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It won't be Sullenberger for no reason other than his heroic act was in January.

It's not a good reason for him not to get it, but for the most part he'll be off the radar by December.

11. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

If the key is the person who had the greatest influence in 2009, how does Sully get it? He did an AMAZING job, but what impact did it have on people who weren't on that plane?

I think the choice is the Iranian protesters.

12. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I think it had a profound impact on people who weren't on that plane. Talk about a hero walking among us. The audio still gives me chills. Then you hear later that this was a guy who took a pay cut like every other commercial pilot, yet loves his job, loves the profession, etc. Sound like any other line of work we know?

Time would get no argument from me in choosing Sullenberger.

Draft saved Draft deleted