1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

washington post's double coverage of redskins?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by spankys, Oct 10, 2008.

1. spankys

spankys Member

i was just reading this rocky mcintosh story:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/10/09/AR2008100902931.html

and i felt like i had read it before. and that's because i had, 12 days ago:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/09/27/AR2008092702558.html

not the exact same story, but VERY close. rocky doesn't talk to media. rocky had knee injury. miscommunication maybe??

it's not like if clinton portis had a 276-yard game one week and a 234-yard game two weeks later, and you have to write it. yes, rocky's played well, but it's not like he's been an all-pro.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Helll it happens every December at the Freep... You can read Dream Defered months earlier by other writers closer to the subject -- and with less sap, too

3. spankys

spankys Member

yea, but at least give it more than 12 days. :-X

4. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Member

That's really bizarre.

Not to mention, the guy is boring as hell.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I just love seeing Barry's byline on a beat that people actually give a crap about.

6. VJ

VJ Member

You just ticked off Moddy and the 9 other Nats fans.

7. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

There were 26 at last count, so screw you all!

8. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

I root for the Nats whenever I'm in the Washington area, which is usually twice a year. So give me a partial scholarship in the Nats club.

If Washington had gotten a team in 1991, I wouldn't have moved back to Michigan.

That sound you just heard was Slappy lamenting what might have not been.

9. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

We're up to 27 but it is by coercion. My son is moving back home for a while, thanks to a great new job situation that came after he signed a lease. So I'm letting him hang rent free.
    But he has to burn all his Braves shit first and pledge allegiance. Or pay rent.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

today's coverage, as usual, was good. boswell waxes about the turnover in relation to the skins in relation to the law of NFL averages. he"s one of my favorite reads.

as an aside, chad hit a stand-up triple in a mini-disertatation on why grumblefucks should STFU and let bowden and paterno go out when they damn well please; great little sidenote about his dad's wisdom in buying anti-perspirant.

good little section today, including page 2 choices on who the best NFL quarterback is if you take brady (hurt) and peyton out of the equation.

11. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

The answer to that: right now, the best quarterback in the NFL, period, is Drew Brees. And that includes the Mannings.

Draft saved Draft deleted