1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Washington Post offers view points on Vick in Black and White

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by heyabbott, Aug 22, 2007.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Wilbon's take? I'm sure the NFL contacted their billion dollar partner ESPN and told them to toe the company line. Wilbon, too.

2. Thank goodness someone said it.

3. What revolts me the most about this whole story is that nobody's been able to explain to me why they just didn't shoot the dogs they wanted to kill. The manner of execution can only be chalked up to sadism.

4. 212areacode

212areacode Member

Hold up. Mike Vick is black?

5. bomani jones

bomani jones Member

That sounds more like the standard perception of the black point of view than the standard black point of view.

This is becoming like the O.J. Simpson case, where the purported "standard black point of view" wasn't quite what it was presumed to be. There was no shortage of black folks that thought O.J. killed those people, something you'd never know if you only read news reports of how race affected the way people felt about the case.

And from the sample of black people I know, a greater proportion thinks Vick's an absolute moron that's going to get what he's got coming than thought O.J. was guilty.

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i heard jenna retired and hung up her boobs.

Draft saved Draft deleted