1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Washington Nationals: doing their best to make Dan Snyder look likea teddy bear

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flying Headbutt, Jul 10, 2008.

1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

The government is a bunch of morons who actually took it up the ass from MLB at a time when MLB had zero leverage and the city could have made Bud Selig stand on K Street and spin a hula hoop around his waist. So it's no surprise the Lerners are trying to pull this.

If I'm the city, I evacuate the stadium, pad lock all the gates and say no one is playing an inning of baseball until they get their rent check paid in full. Make the fuckers go play up at Shirley Povich field in Bethesda.

Besides, that place is probably better suited capacity-wise for the city.

2. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Meanwhile, fans are grumbling that the Post doesn't cover the Nats enough, and when presented with actual facts that contradict this angry view, they do not give a crap:

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/2008/07/nats_fans_vs_the_posts_coverag.html

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/2008/07/nats_fans_vs_the_posts_coverag_1.html

3. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I don't have a problem with the Post's coverage of the Nationals.

I have a big problem with the Post covering the Blowrioles any more than they cover, say, the Seattle Mariners.

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

OK, that's just asinine. I'm sure there are ton of Orioles fans in the area who didn't suddenly just flip a switch when the Expos loaded up the moving vans and rolled south.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

That's because the Nationals work so hard! They deserve coverage too! The Post only covers them when they don't pay their rent.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

F_T, I have to agree with dixiehack. The Orioles were the local team for readers in the Post's coverage area for a long time.

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Re: Washington Nationals: doing their best to make Dan Snyder look likea teddy

Ding. D.C. was an Orioles town for a good 30 years. I'm a D.C.-area native who grew up with the O's and no baseball in Washington. I'm not switching allegiances.

8. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Oriole games get more viewers in DC than the Nationals do. True story.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

This may in fact be the funniest thing anyone's posted all year.

Outstanding work, sir.

10. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

I don't have a dog in the race, but if the city picked the next time the Nationals are supposed to be at home for a national broadcast and shut the place down about 90 minutes before first pitch I'd have to laugh.

11. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Or better yet, picked that occasion to send all the contractors out to finish the construction.

Draft saved Draft deleted