1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Washington Nationals: doing their best to make Dan Snyder look likea teddy bear

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flying Headbutt, Jul 10, 2008.

1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/07/10/AR2008071002731.html?hpid=topnews

What a minor league outfit these guys are becoming. No one watches, no one shows up, frankly no one gives a shit about the team. And as they suck out every single nickle and dime from the fans they can, then they pull this shit.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Moddy just screamed.

3. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Some might say the owners haven't exactly put a state-of-the-art team in the so-called state-of-the-art ballpark.

4. Hustle

Hustle Guest

Re: Washington Nationals: doing their best to make Dan Snyder look likea teddy

It was a rush job of a stadium. How could anyone be surprised that a few buttons weren't buttoned?

PT: Their farm system has improved dramatically in the past two years, but we all know that it takes time for those things to pay off (not to mention that they've just been killed by injuries this year).

5. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

On a somewhat related topic, my brother and I are watching a game there tomorrow because it's everyone's dream to watch the Nationals (or you just want to cross another ballpark off your attendance list).

Thoughts on where to park, etc, Moddy?

6. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Threaten them with eviction. That should be fun.

7. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

How many can the stadium hold?

8. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

By the way, Headbutt, as a nutmegger, I dig your avatar.

That's all I got.

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

They would probably threaten to move to Montreal.

10. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

How bout Oklahoma City?

11. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Park in lot U, one block away from where the buses let off people riding from RFK. Easy walk to stadium and two blocks from the interstate and the security people stay there throughout the game.

12. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Just read the story. Owners vs. politicians. Can they both lose? The D.C. government doesn't exactly have a sterling reputation - not sure which side I'd take on this one. Haven't seen the contract language and I'm not sure I would understand 10 percent of this.

I do know I've seen 16 games there and haven't noticed a single glitch or unfinished anything that has interferred with a game in any way.

That's with the stadium. I've seen a lot of glitches on the field. I've also seen three game-ending home runs by the Nats - they are no good but they give you a shot of excitement from time to time.

Draft saved Draft deleted