1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Washington D.C. Sports Video Intership to Job opportunity

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Napolean23, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Napolean23

Napolean23 Member

Hi,

Longtime reader of these boards, though I don't post a lot. I have a unique internship/job opportunity for a college student who is willing to put in the work.

I'm a longtime sportswriter at The Washington Post and I've recently started a production company that is feeding Washingtonpost.com about 30 videos per month, mostly preps related stuff like features and more.

Here's an example:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/05/06/AR2010050605330.html

My company is producing all kinds of videos about the Washington D.C. metro area's best athletes.

I'm looking for help.

Last year, I took on an intern who has grown quite a bit. He got college credit, busted his ass for me and now I'm paying him on a freelance basis. I taught him everything from how to hold a camera, how to import video, how to edit video to how to tell a story.

He's now getting video bylines at Washingtonpost.com and he's getting paid.

I hope to do this with another young buck.

If you'd like to apply for this unique opportunity, please email B.J. Koubaroulis the following at bkoub@yahoo.com.

- Resume
    - Cover Letter that explains why you'd like this opportunity
    - References
    - Samples of writing or video (if you have it) * not required.

This internship will start in August. Application deadline is June 10.

2. Napolean23

Napolean23 Member

Due to our growth over the past two months, Synthesis Multimedia Productions is accepting an additional crop of interns. The deadline has been extended.

Here is a link to the newest ad on Craigslist (with directions on how to apply). New deadline is July 30.

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/doc/tfr/1850323050.html

Draft saved Draft deleted