1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Washed-up former Olympic champ seeks cheap publicity

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Double J, Aug 3, 2006.

1. Double J

Double J Active Member

Kinda hard to tarnish a reputation which was never that great to begin with, IMO.

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/Co...ageid=968867503640&call_pagepath=Sports/Index

Olympic champion snowboarder Ross Rebagliati is suing CTV, saying a character in its TV series Whistler has tarnished his reputation.

Rebagliati filed a lawsuit in B.C. Supreme Court on Wednesday alleging the Beck MacKaye character in the 13-part series is a misappropriation of his personality, a breach of privacy and defamation.

CTV denied the allegations.

On the show, MacKaye is a blue-eyed, blond snowboarder who lives in Whistler and won an Olympic gold medal.

"I'm the only blond-haired, blue-eyed Canadian snowboard Olympic gold medal winner who lives in Whistler in the world," Rebagliati told a news conference.

Yes, but here's why he's really upset....

When he first learned the series was being shot in Whistler, Rebagliati inquired about being involved in the production.

"We had made contact with them if there was some way I could make an appearance or a cameo," he said. "We had no response."

Now, if I were a honcho at the network, here's my response:

Ross, fuck off and die.

Sincerely, CTV

2. Flash

Flash Guest

Is this a show that people are actually watching?

3. Overrated

Overrated Guest

I thought Carl Lewis might be throwing a "Celebrate My Birthday" nationwide tour or something.

Draft saved Draft deleted