1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Was that wrong?" Philly weatherman canned after Playboy interview

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Jan 13, 2012.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Bolaris shoulda' married Alycia Lane. Perfect marriage. Two narcissistic phonies.

2. William Penn

William Penn New Member

You've never met John Bolaris, Drip.

You've never been in the same room as John Bolaris, Drip.

Stop pretending you're somebody.

3. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Ah, Alycia Lane. Whatever happened to that bowl full of bitch cherries?

4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Apparently an anchor in LA now where she belongs.

5. Cape_Fear

Cape_Fear Active Member

To be closer to Rich Eisen?

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

It's part of the Rupert Murdoch Faux Fascist Teevee formula of all-shrieking-hysteria-all-the-time enforced on all their outlets (and of course aped by all the competitors too, afraid of being left behind in the Race To Panic).

Last night here in Michigan they were warning about approaching Death Storm 2012. Plunging temperatures, drifting mountains of snow!!! Batten down the hatches!! Run out to the grocery store and stock up on ramen noodles!!! Bottled water!! Make sure you have plenty of blankets!!! We'll hold out here on the Weather Porch as long as we can!!!

Woke up this morning. Mid-20s, a dusting of snow on the ground. God help us to survive this crisis.

And yeah Bolaris looks like a smarmy cheesy motherfucker.

7. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Why is Playboy interviewing a guy who's weatherman in Philadelphia?

8. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

It wasn't an interview but a story in the current issue on this jackpot he ended up in down in Florida and how he fought back to help break the authorities break up the scam.

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

There's a local weekend weather girl here I would love to drug and haul off.

10. Drip

Drip Active Member

WTF is this about? Of all the comments along here you single me out for an argument about John Bolaris? I've got seven words for you: PUT THE PIPE DOWN AND SEEK HELP!

11. doodah

doodah Guest

Anyway, if this didn't affect the ability to do his job I don't see why he got canned.

12. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

It reflects poorly on the station, especially if he is some focus of the station's marketing.

Draft saved Draft deleted