1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Was Osama bin Laden at the Auburn basketball game?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by HejiraHenry, Feb 12, 2011.

1. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Too bad if he was, as the AP didn't see fit to shoot the Auburn-Mississippi State game tonight.

2. BrianGriffin

BrianGriffin Active Member

I was going to say if he was, it may have doubled the crowd...

3. HejiraHenry

Pretty spirited little crowd before all was said and done.

And Auburn media relations bailed us, and a few others, out with some pix.

4. sully84

sully84 New Member

Jesus, was somebody sick? Despite all of the new colleges people are learning about for the first time this year after their Auburn victories, it's still a major conference men's game.

5. HejiraHenry

First thing, it was never logged on the AP's daybook. That's according to the SE control bureau. That's yer big breakdown.

But one of Auburn's school shooters, Todd van Emst, usually picks up the AP's slack. But he's out of town, and the other shooter was with the gymnastics (!) team.

Everybody, and I mean EVERYBODY, was sitting and waiting for AP to move something. Birmingham folks were stunned when I told them it wasn't on the AP's book and they weren't getting anything that way. My guy at the gym caucused with AU's press folks and we got a batch of pretty good fotos from them (with no IDs; lovely) about 9:30 p.m.

All in a (long) day's work.

6. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Active Member

I was thinking the same thing about Georgia/South Carolina. I expected at least some shots from The State.

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Active Member

Did Osama bin-laden's dad pay him to go to Auburn too?

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

I don't know but he'll have a workout for media only next week.

9. spnited

spnited Active Member

Seriously, you're bitching about AP mot shooting as game between two horsehsit teams? I thought it was only football that you SEC assholes worshipped.

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  10. I'll never tell

I'll never tell Active Member

AP is only required to shoot games if at least one of the two teams are ranked in their Top 25.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

Or, you know, maybe the guy doesn't worship the SEC at all but has one of the schools in his coverage area and expects the AP to at least have a stringer there so he can have some art.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I think AP has some policy about only covering "all" hoops games if a team is in the top 25.

Draft saved Draft deleted