1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Was it a sign or just a dumb bird?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Angola!, Apr 22, 2008.

1. John

John Well-Known Member

Dead bird...gonna put it on you!!! [/eddiemurphystand-upbit]

2. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

My in-laws hit a turkey buzzard a few months ago. It hit near the top of their windshield. Broke the windshield (of course) and tore into the roof of their Honda Odyssey.

3. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

Had a golf ball incident a few years ago, and it left a nice dimple in the hood. This was in a convertible; if I'd have been a couple feet farther down the road the ball would have hit me instead.

4. GuessWho

GuessWho Active Member

A woman driving near our house hit a big deer recently. That sucker flew in the air and crashed through the front windshield. Had a huge rack. (The deer, not the woman).

5. Mmmmmmm, dead bird.

[​IMG]

6. gretchd

gretchd Member

Hit an owl once. Had to go back with a .22.

Hit a cow once. No .22.

7. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Can't hear stuff like this w/o thinking of when I first moved to the beach.
    I was in a Chic-fil-A drivethru, and as I'm pulling closer and closer to the window, I start to see a pile of white next to a pile of brown.
    It doesn't take long to pick up on the brown -- a huge pile of nuggets someone had dropped while paying for their food.
    The white was a little harder to decipher. Turns out, a sea gull had swooped in for the chicken nuggety goodness and didn't have the sense to move out of the way as another car pulled up to the window. Damn thing never had a chance.

8. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I swerved off the road one time to avoid hitting a dead deer in the road. Spun out, ended up facing the wrong way with a semi-truck coming at me. Floored it in reverse, did a 180 and didn't get creamed. Literally, two miles down the road, two more deer run out of the woods narrowly miss my car in the left lane, but manage to both get hit by the same semi, who was a bit behind in the right lane.

Deer No.1 got destroyed by the front of the truck, while deer no. 2 galloped into the side of the truck.

I don't think I will ever see two deer get hit by the same vehicle simultaneously again.

9. Bruce Leroy

Bruce Leroy Active Member

A seagull shat on my head once at the beach. That's all I got.

10. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

You say it like it's a good thing.

11. Bruce Leroy

Bruce Leroy Active Member

No, it was bad. Just my only bird story.

12. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Clearly you have forgotten that time BYH tried to cornhole an ostrich.

Draft saved Draft deleted