1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Was it a sign or just a dumb bird?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Angola!, Apr 22, 2008.

1. [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Smoking can kill you, you know. Consider this a warning.

3. Flash

Flash Guest

You smoke? Gross ...

4. Chef

Chef Active Member

Shit the bed man, you smoke Pall Malls???????

How damn old are you?

What, the store was out of unfiltered Luckies?

5. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Years ago, in my early Navy days, I was driving a rather old but distinguished member of the Missouri State Senate on a tour of the base. He'd served on the base during WWII days and I was showing him how modern everything was, the new amphibious ships, etc.

Suddenly, a duck slammed full into the windshield and spiderwebbed the glass. I immediately stop and look in the back seat, only to see the distinguished gentleman from the Show-Me state clutching his chest in utter terror. Thank God the man didn't have a heart attack....at least while I was driving.

6. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I had a wasp fly into the window once and get between me and the seat. When I leaned back, WHAP! Right on the back. That sucked.

Glad to hear you OK, Angola. That could've been much worse.

7. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Also unavailable for comment.

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I suck.

"I never seen that before. That bird just flew right into your head ... like he couldn't avoid it."

9. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

A pheasant flew into my car once, on the driver's side. I looked all around for damage and kept driving. Then I looked into my mirror on the driver's side. Gone.

My sister was driving behind me and saw it. The pheasant flopped off to the side of the road where it died, much to the horror of my 12-year-old niece. We had fun telling her we would have had it for dinner if not for all of the glass. She was even more mortified.

10. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

You just now figuring that out? ;)

11. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I had a feeling. But I just got done calculating the evidence. I'm afraid it's overwhelming.

12. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

Angola didn't kill you. The Glenn Davis trade, Albert Belle signing and the Mitchell Report did.

Draft saved Draft deleted