1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Was he?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by slappy4428, Dec 3, 2006.

1. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

Look, like him or not, he may very well have written both.

I wrote a column last week that won't run until Thursday of this week.

2. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Those changes weren't for the better.

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Everything he wrote is true. Mateen Cleaves and Jason Richardson were sitting with him on the plane and they will verify it all.

4. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

Do you people actually think Monsieur Mitch needs to type his own work? Thats what interns are for!

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I take offense at that.
    I don't care if he slips up or not; I'll still rip him until he no longer writes a column and devotes his whole life to making soccer mom's spiritual lives whole and helps perform the surgery to turn Oompa Winfrey into the white woman she really is...

7. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I can't remember. Did it move on that Sunday? Or did it move like during the game on Monday for use that next day?

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Moved Saturday for Sunday use.

9. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Couldn't have been. Written Saturday wouldn't even have known who was playing in the title game. Always on a Monday, is it not?

10. DyePack

DyePack New Member

The column was about the Final Four. I believe he wrote it on Friday and "anticipated" what would happen in Saturday's game. The column was designated to run on Sunday.

Thus, every newspaper that received it before Saturday's games should have known it was bullshit.

Simply changing the tenses, as the Duluth CE did, was not a fix. The fix would have been to refuse to run it, or to call whoever syndicated the Knight-Ridder stuff and say: "Fucktards, this column is bullshit. Why are you sending this out to newspapers?"

That Final Four was particularly error-prone, as the Chicago Tribune had to run a correction on a correction about the location of a bar. Priceless.

11. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Ahhh. I was thinking it was written for the championship game. My bad.

Then yes, that's sketchy. That's why I asked if it moved the day before the game, or during the game. If the wire sent it out the afternoon of the game, there's no reason to doubt the veracity.

But yes, a day earlier is a bad call.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

And that's why I ask: Was he really writing his column on the plane as he claimed?

Draft saved Draft deleted