1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Warren Jeffs: Guilty on two counts

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Idaho, Sep 25, 2007.

1. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

I honestly thought they'd find him not guilty because they had not yet convicted anyone of the rape this guy was an accomplice too.

Discuss.

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

He's a douche. Lock him away.

4. Philosopher

Philosopher Member

Agreed. He has a hot lawyer, though.

5. Very bizarre case.

He sounds like a nutcase, but it makes me wonder...After so many years, THIS is the best case they could bring against him?? As an "accomplice" to a rape in which the alleged raper has not even been charged.

I guess they got the conviction, so they were successful in that regard. Still very strange.

6. Bill Brasky

Bill Brasky Active Member

Sounds like he's the real-life version of Roman Grant....

7. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

A few points on that...

He's facing a life sentence, so this wasn't exactly a lightweight conviction. And he's facing accomplice to incest and sexual misconduct with a child charges in Arizona, so he's not done yet.

As to the alleged rapist being charged, look for that to happen in the next week or so. They didn't want him -- they wanted Jeffs. If they try the husband and lose, they're completely dead in the water against Jeffs. Now they can go after the husband with someone already convicted in the case.

8. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

There's a great editorial cartoon we're running. A little girl in pigtails, in the courtroom, looking up at Jeffs, in shackles, and saying, "Maybe in prison you'll understand what it's like to be a multiple wife."

Draft saved Draft deleted