1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WARNING! Rosie's on a rant!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rosie, Aug 28, 2006.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Rosie, have you tried finding one in Tahoe?

2. "Sears sucks, Crash. I had a job there once, sold Lady Kenmores.
    Nasty business. Nasty."
    -- Robert Wuhl.
    "Bull Durham."

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Remember the song "Roxanne is on a roll" by the Real Roxanne?

This thread title reminds me of that.

4. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Update, if you could call it that.

I called Sears. They have this <expletive deleted> voice mail HELL which, when you ask for the <expletive deleted> repair center, tells you that you have a service call scheduled. When you tell the <expletive deleted> smarmy voice to <expletive deleted> and give me a real person to talk to, it replies, "I'm sorry, I did not understand your answer." Of course you <expletive deleted> didn't understand my answer because you're a <expletive deleted> MACHINE!

After about 15 minutes or so of this BS, I finally managed to get a real person on the line. I was so shocked I nearly hung up the phone.

Not only am I the second to last call scheduled for the day, he could not give me an answer as to WHY someone couldn't have had the common courtesy to inform me with a <expletive deleted> phone call! But, I give the guy credit, he at least tried to help me out. He finally got a hold of someone to find this stupid <expletive deleted> info out. AND, the repair tech should be here by 6:30 p.m., and would call first.

Well, here it is, 6:50 p.m. and you guessed it, no <expletive deleted> phone call yet.

I'm going to go get a <expletive deleted> hair cut AND <expletive deleted> highlights too! :mad:

Slappy, the Tahoe laundromat said they were closed until after the holidays. So I'm going to go handwash some clothes now.

5. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I think we need a new sub-section just for rants so we can find them easier.

6. Songbird

I expletive in the milk of your rant [/Hemingway]

7. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

Anyone want to go halves on opening a laundrymat in Rosies town?

8. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

That's what you get when you combine Sears and Kmart, like they are now. They're basically the same company now, since Kmart CEO bought Sears and is phasing out the Kmart name.

Eventually Sears get rid of the current Sears and Kmart formats with a new store called Sears Essentials.

9. Songbird

What do you get when you cross a hooker and a Chinaman?

Someone who will suck your laundry.

10. Bump_Wills

Bump_Wills Member

I'm with ya. Bought a digital camera on Sears.com this summer and arranged to pick it up at the store down the road.

Got there and went to the warehouse, as directed. Waited 15 minutes for somebody to come up and tell me that I had to pick it up at the main store, in electronics, a 200-yard walk back in the direction I'd come. Walk inside the main store to electronics, produce my printout, the guy tells me I have to go to the warehouse, as it says on the printout.

Yes, I say, but I already did that, and they said to come here. Guy says, well, don't know what to tell you, the warehouse is the place. So I suggest to him that HE walk over there and get it, as I just came from there. He balks. I ask for a manager. Manager looks at my printout and says I need to go to the warehouse.

Leaving out most of the curse words I want to say, I tell him the whole story. Conclude with "If I don't see my digital camera in about three seconds, I'm taking my business elsewhere." As I'm saying this, manager is looking something up on the computer and says, "Oh, it IS here."

Fucking Sears.

11. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Great. Dr. J and I bought a washer and dryer there a few months ago.

Good thing we don't have that much laundry.

12. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Finally, the washer is fixed. It's washing clothes right now as I type.

It didn't take the repairman -- or should I say repair kid! -- very long to take care of the problem. And he was a very nice kid, so I just couldn't holler at him, he felt bad that I had to wait as long as I did to get the thing fixed.

Maybe if they put that guy, and more like him in charge, we customers wouldn't be saying <expletive deleted> Sears.

Draft saved Draft deleted