1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WARNING! Rosie's on a rant!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rosie, Aug 28, 2006.

1. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Warning! The following post is a rant by a very ticked off consumer. She is not looking for advice, she simply needs to spout off, lest she starts breaking sh*t!

I will never, EVER purchase another appliance, let along ANYTHING from Sears ever again!

A few months back, my old washer finally went to the appliance stand in the sky. So I purchased a brand-new Kenmore HE washer.

It was wonderful. Quieter, used less water -- I even saw my electricity bill go down.

All was right with the world.

That is, until last weekend when this machine started making horrid noises and quit draining.

So, I call the 800 number to schedule a service call since the thing is still under warranty, and they tell me that it will be TWO <expletive deleted> weeks before anyone can make it out this way. And no, we will not reimburse you for your 50 mile round trip to the laundromat.

After raising some particular hell, they finally bumped it up to a week. Today.

My supposed-to-be-early-in-the-morning service call has yet to happen!

Yes, I know they don't give a damn, yes I know they could care less if I ever set foot in a Sears store again. But I am <expletive deleted> TICKED OFF that I have to leave in the morning for a three-day road trip and now have to wash out some clothes by hand (like I REALLY have time for that!) in order to have clean clothes to wear. Not to mention I have teenagers to shuttle to sports practices today.

They can kiss it! And I hope they go the way of Montgomery Wards! :mad:

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

3. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Fifty miles round trip to the laundromat??

Figuring cost of gas, your time, etc.....might have been cheaper to buy new clothes.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Sorry, Rosie.

But count yourself blessed.

In many cases, Mr. Rosie (or any man of the house) would have grabbed the tool set and said he could fix it himself.

Then you'd have to rent a wet vac to soak the water out of the carpet and rent a truck to take the washer to the landfill after Sears said you voided the warranty. Then you'd need to buy a new one from Sears.

5. Cadet

Cadet Guest

This is the worst part. Sears doesn't care. Comcast sure as hell doesn't care. The waiter at the restaurant doesn't care. Nobody in the corporate world cares, and this is most unheralded reason I can think of for saving the Mom-and-Pops over the big box stores. If you had bought your machine from Joe's Local Appliance, your experience would be much different, I bet.

Good luck, Rosie!

6. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Actually, I'm very handy with mechanical stuff and the only thing that kept me from attempting the repair myself was voiding the warranty.

My guess is that the repair guy will show up at 5:30 p.m. tonight, then tell me he needs to order a part which will take a month to obtain.

7. Marvin

Marvin Active Member

Hate to tell you this, but Sears' service dept. has been that way for years. I can't remember the last time I walked into one of their stores.

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

You might check to see if there is a little plastic doohickey still attached to the inside of the washer lid. Ours (unknowingly) came off one time and you would have thought we fed the thing a bowling ball. We were already swamped with a child in the hospital, so Dad shamed GE into making a free service call on a slightly-past-warranty machine. Five seconds later, it was good to go.

9. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

As a former Sears salesman (sold Lawn & Garden equipment during college), I can tell you that your salesperson <i>should</i> care.

Call him or her, explain the situation and tell them what you what. Chances are (with managerial approval in some cases), they will take care of it for you.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Have you got your F*CKING HAIRCUT yet?

11. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

Once your stuff goes out of warranty, check out RepairClinic.com. Cheap parts and some troubleshooting advice. I've kept our dryer going for 15 years with the help of this place.

12. Chef

Chef Active Member

Your nearest laundromat is 25 miles away..........My goodness, how big is the town you live in that they don't have a damn laundromat?

Draft saved Draft deleted