1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Warner Robins wins LLWS on walk-off homer

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by D-3 Fan, Aug 26, 2007.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

For whatever reason, you don't see a lot of Little League programs in urban areas, mostly suburbs.

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

And the last one from an urban area to make the World Series did it with a 14-year-old pitcher.

3. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I was watching it with a guy from Venezuela and he kept trying to say that it wasn't right that the US got to send so many teams and each of the other countries didn't.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Yet another thing for Hugo Chavez to bitch about. Give us some oil and we'll talk.

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Space for baseball diamonds -- not to mention the money for maintenance -- might be a factor there?

Also, I noticed the kid gave the AP this quote: "I felt like I was flying, like Peter Pan," Carriker said. "I didn't know what I was doing."

I don't recall the last time I saw Peter Pan referenced in a quote. That might be the first.

6. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

Along with the U.S. Amateur Championship, where Colt Knost of Dallas def. Jhonattan Vegas of Venezuela 4 and 3 in Saturday's Lower Bracket semifinal.

D'ya get the feelin' that Hugo was one more loss away from goin' over the edge?

7. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

The Georgia manager made a helluva move in the U.S. title game Saturday, changing the pitcher with the bases loaded and two out in the last inning -- and shifting four other positions.

Of course, the kid who got switched to short stabs a line drive to end the threat.

As for the metal bat homers, LL moved the fences back 20 feet and it still didn't help.

8. MilanWall

MilanWall Member

Randall Simon needs to stage a comeback! :D

Draft saved Draft deleted