1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Warner Robins wins LLWS on walk-off homer

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by D-3 Fan, Aug 26, 2007.

1. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Nothing is more endearing than seeing a team full of 12-year-olds -- different kids every year, but whose favorite player is always the same: Andruw Jones. :D

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I hope he gets laid tonite.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I thought that HR was a popup.

4. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Yeah, I've watched a ton of shitty baseball this summer, but Thursday's Curacao-Venezuela was a pleasure. Orestes Destrade didn't even bug.

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

Once upon a time there were eight teams in the LL World Series--- North, South, East and West from the US, plus Canada, Europe, South America and Asia.
    Single elimination, no pool play, no BS. US teams played "foreign" teams in the first round and if all the US teams got wiped out, so be it.
    But that was before Taiwan won too many in a row and WE had to win something so we kicked out all of the foreign teams.
    Then, ESPN took over and totally restructured it. What was once a pure Little League tournament is now, sadly, just another ESPN production.

Still a fun event for the kids, but a little too much ESPN hype and pressure for my liking.

Meanwhile, that's two straight champs from Georgia.

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I don't know if I like the 85-pitch rule or not. It does make for a lot more managing, which makes the game more interesting.

I do like how one team can't ride a stud pitcher for the entire week until his arm falls off.

I am waiting for the kid that fouls off pitch after pitch intentionally so you can get the opposing pitcher out an inning earlier.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Congrats to all of the kids who played their butts off. Especially that Lubbock pitcher who snapped his ankle but still held on to the ball to tag out the Georgia kid at the plate Saturday. I hope he got Erin Andrews to sign his cast.

8. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

If there's a 12-year-old kid that can intentionally foul balls off at will, I think I'd want him doing something more productive. Like hitting bombs.

9. Yeah, thanks D-3. You stay classy now.
    That was a metal-bat home run all the way.

10. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

So, did ESPN engineer things so there were so many games that ended on home runs? Kind of odd that something like six games, including a semifinal and the championship, ended in that fashion.

11. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

Didn't see every US team play, but saw most, and one thing I found interesting is that with all of the talk of how few African Americans are making it to the majors, I don't think I saw one black player on any US team. I'm sure there were a few, but it just kind of struck me... I didn't see one.

(Not making any profound statement or anything, just an observation)

12. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

It seems to me that they can move the fences back to at least 250. Most of those home runs were bombs!

Draft saved Draft deleted