1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"warm smell of c........."WHAT?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, Apr 14, 2009.

1. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

From my girl's "Edge of Seventeen":

"I would fart with an angel/Desire to wheeze" ("I went forth with an age-old desire to please.")

2. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

"Big ol' Jed in a lineup" instead of "big old jet airliner".

3. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Re: the Aerosmith song, what I heard until set straight was "Do the funky lady."

4. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Always wondered why Elton John sang, "Hold me closer, Tony Danza."

Well, not really.

5. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Sadly, a friend in college thought those were the lyrics.

6. I Digress

I Digress Guest

"Jam slap gus, baby we were born to run".... Tramps like us..... swear to god I had a friend in college that thought that was what he sang.. jam slap gus....

7. HC

HC Well-Known Member

In high school I thought it was 'warm smell of police dust'. :-\

8. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Actually, that line works. Cause you know if you jam slap on Gus, baby you better be born to run.

[​IMG]

Gus, ladies and gentlemen! Don't jam slap him.

9. I Digress

I Digress Guest

That dog looks disturbingly like the farmer with the pitchfork in that old-timey picture...

10. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Been seeing the Kyra Sedgwick orange juice commercial lately, with Tom Jones' "She's a Lady"... and I could've sworn he was trying to get away with a near-miss of the f-bomb in the lyrics.

Actual lyrics: "Well she's all you'd ever want, She's the kind they'd like to flaunt and take to dinner."

Killick heard: "Well she's all you'd ever want, She's the kind they'd like to FUNK and take to dinner." (thinking, "Oh, the real word he wants to use is f*ck, but he's being coy.")

Even after looking it up, I still don't hear "flaunt."

11. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

The original phrase by Don Felder was "Oh hell, why can't I clip this? Aren't my toes just like hair?" but Don Henley thought that might lead drunk people to do really stupid stuff.

12. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

Considering his sexuality, I always thought the lyric to the Elton John song was. . .

"Don't let the son go down on me."

Draft saved Draft deleted