1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

'WarGames" on encore mystery channel

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by shockey, Jan 26, 2007.

1. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't John Spencer (i.e. Leo McGarry) play the role of a fighter pilot in War Games? Or am I on crack again?

2. Your Holiness --
    No, he's one of the guys in the silo at the beginning who can't bring himself to turn the key, leading them to give the job to the computer and setting off the plot. The other guy in the silo, by the way, is Michael Madsen.

3. shockey

shockey Active Member

ally peaked early. most smokin' in this role and on "hill street blues" in her catholic school uni, trying to seduce the smarmy cop.

4. J.D. LaRue!
    Great catch, shock.

5. shockey

shockey Active Member

yes, the tonnage of useless info stored in this noggin is quite impressive, thanks.

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Encore has all these channels . . . and they put this movie on the "mystery" channel?

Whodunit?

Joshua, what are you doing?

Side note: Stupidest line of the movie --- "I told you not to play games with that thing." Armageddon is five minutes away, and Jennifer has to get in the "I told you so"????

Side note II: Class president at one of our high schools recently got busted for trying to pull a Lightman by hacking into the school computer and changing grades.

7. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Yes indeed, he is in the beginning of the movie, but I didn't realize that until I'd already been watching WW for some time. It was one of those, "Hey, that's Leo!" moments.

8. You guys are missing the best line. Barry Corbin, about halfway through the whole fiasco goes "I'd piss on a spark plug if I thought it would help."

Sidebar: The chick that does the countdown totally nailed it. When she said "impact" in that cool, aloof voice my 10-year-old self was going "Man, we're screwed."

9. lollygagger

lollygagger Member

Hate to do this in my own defense, but ... see post No. 8.

10. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

I never really got into Ally...although she was a little quirky kind of cute in Short Circuit...

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted