1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wardrobe choices matter

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by old_tony, Feb 26, 2014.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

How Mark feels talking to us:

http://www.theonion.com/articles/closeminded-man-not-even-willing-to-hear-out-argum,35379/

“If you even suggest there’s the slightest chance that gays are deviants who are unequal to heterosexuals, he just puts up this mental barrier,” said Dunham’s brother-in-law, Wayne Byers, who claimed his repeated efforts to educate Dunham about how all gay men are pedophiles was “like talking to a brick wall.” “Once he retreats into that mindset, forget it. You can counter every single one of his arguments with irrefutable Scripture all day, but you’re not getting through. Even when I try to tell him these aren’t just my personal beliefs, but the consensus opinion of leading pastors and radio personalities, he’s still not convinced.”

2. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Promise us you will never re-produce.

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Maybe.

I never ever let this place get on my nerves, but I have to say its kinda depressing to hang out at a place with that kinda guy.

4. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

[​IMG]

5. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Good pull, Walter.

6. DeskMonkey1

DeskMonkey1 Active Member

When I was a teenager, I listened to the Insane Clown Posse (don't judge). One of them had a solo EP titled "Fuck off!" and the cover was a drawing of him giving the finger and grabbing his crotch.

As a fan, I had the expected wardrobe but a friend of mine had a T-shirt with the album cover on it and the back had "Fuck off!" in big, bold letters. (there was a censored version, but his was uncensored.)

Now, I had the wardrobe you would expect of someone of my disposition but even I thought wearing that in public was crossing a line. My decision was validated when we were on a road trip and we stopped at a rest area. He had to explain to the grandmother of a young child why he was wearing such a shirt.

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

On the other hand, it's complete bullshit that adidas had to stop selling these World Cup shirts:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

The shirt designs touched a nerve in Brazil, where people often complain about foreign stereotypes of Brazilian sensuality. Brazil's government is campaigning aggressively to shed the country's reputation as a destination for sex tourism. ...

Dilma Rousseff, Brazil´s first woman president, said her government would crack down on sex tourism and the exploitation of children and adolescents during the Cup, which is expected to draw 600,000 foreign fans.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/adidas-forced-to-pull-looking-to-score-world-cup-tshirts-after-brazil-government-complains-9154083.html

9. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Outing alert ... Mark 2010

10. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Are we sure Mark didn't mean to say figs? Not that the shirt is much better since most people can't read.

11. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

I would tend to go with that...except the "i" and the "a" are on other sides of the keyboard.

12. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Any "religion" that believes God "hates" anything or anyone is seriously deranged.

Draft saved Draft deleted