1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

War all settled, economy humming along, Bush has plenty of spare time to burn

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Starman, Jun 18, 2007.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2007/06/20070618-2.html

The President of the United States shouldn't be spending 10 seconds on this shit. If his highly-trained staff can't come up with enough actual work to keep him busy, I could write him a list.

Of course, we've seen what happens when he actually attempts to deal with a problem, maybe they ought to delegate him to hand out "effort ribbons" at the next Hooterville High School JV softball banquet.

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Jesus, of all the shit the guy's done, you're going after him for this?

It's a tradition. Every president does it. And since the local university had a team there, it's our sports centerpiece today.

3. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Doesn't every president do this every year?

More baiting, I'm afraid. :-\

4. Starman

Re: War all settled, economy humming along, Bush has plenty of spare time to bur

It was started by the crook Nixon, picked up by the wimp Carter, and turned into a production by the doddering old idiot Reagan.

The President of the United States has more important stuff he ought to be doing. He is our goddamn employee, and he was hired to do a 24/7/365 job. Get back to fucking work.

5. JR

JR Active Member

I'm afraid you're out of line on this, Starman.

The guy is a first class idiot but ceremonies like this are part of the job.

The "he's our employee" stuff is kinda lame. It makes him sound like he's the janitor of your apartment building.

On second thought, a job made for Fredo

6. Chad Conant

Chad Conant Member

Sucking the collective Johnson of the American public is part of the job.

I think they guy is the worst president since Calvin Coolidge and Herbert Hoover wrapped into one, but I won't kill him for this. It's part of the job now.

He only works for us in a sense. As dissatisfied as most of us are with him, we can't fire him.

7. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

A couple of hundred American citizens get the chance to be commended for outstanding performance at our nation's capital and people are complaining about the President????
    Get real.
    Complain about his foreign policy or the economy, but don't blast him for this.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

We had our chance. We blew it 2 1/2 years ago.

Well, not me. I did my part. But you know what I mean.

9. Starman

Re: War all settled, economy humming along, Bush has plenty of spare time to bur

Now, after wasting half the afternoon on the jocks on Monday, he's got 20 minutes to waste on a baseball pitcher on Wednesday.

Doesn't the fucker ever do any WORK?

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070621/SPORTS02/706210441/1050/SPORTS

10. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

What about all the players on the teams the winners beat? Those teams TRIED HARD! They DESERVE TO BE RECOGNIZED BY THE PRESIDENT as well!!

12. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Only the Rutgers women's basketball team should have that honor.

Draft saved Draft deleted