1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WaPo series on Cheney

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Hustle, Jun 23, 2007.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Darth Milhous the Crooked.

2. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Here's Part 2. It's only torture if we say it's torture:

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/cheney/chapters/pushing_the_envelope_on_presi/index.html

3. Jesus god, this is worse.

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I'd love to believe these WaPo stories will have some impact on American opinion of Cheney and possibly cause Congress to take action. Sadly, nothing will happen.

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

The nicest thing they can get anyone to say about Cheney is that his pro-waterboarding stance is "principled".

Mother of God.

6. I like the parsing between "cruelty" and "torture" myself.
    Lock this crazy bastard up. Now.

7. IGotQuestions

IGotQuestions Member

I've said it all along: Bush's only fault is being a poor public speaker. He's powerless to Cheney and Rove.

8. Hustle

Hustle Guest

I read part 2 this morning and was struck by this quote, which summed up my feelings perfectly:

And does anyone else get the impression that Yoo was one of the main sources for all of this? He's out of Washington - beyond the reach of the administration - and had an axe to grind.

9. IGotQuestions

IGotQuestions Member

it doesn't even bother me that he might have had an axe to grind, because it's not like everything that was reported is hard to believe. It more or less validates the public's general perception of this administration.

10. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I was shocked at how much he said on the record.

It's nice to see that no one has any respect for Gonzlaez

11. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Remember the good ol' days when Cheney was heading up Bush's VP search?

12. Basil Exposition

Basil Exposition New Member

Part 3, where Big Dick undermines what even the president wants:

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/cheney/chapters/a_strong_push_from_back_stage/index.html

I understand ripping the Post for waiting so long to do this story, but if that was the price to get so many on-the-record quotes, it was a fair deal. Really remarkable for such an inside-the-beltway piece.

Draft saved Draft deleted