1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WaPo series on Cheney

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Hustle, Jun 23, 2007.

1. Hustle

Hustle Guest

Apparently the first of a four-part series runs as the Sunday A1 centerpiece, but it's online now.

Some pretty impressive reporting (200+ interviewed, they say) and very nice detail. And it all leads me to the same sort of conclusion about him: steamrolling any sort of check or balance that may, or may not, stand in the administration's way.

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/cheney/chapters/chapter_1/

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

The man's disdain for America and Americans is palpable in everything he says.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Didn't learn a lot I didn't already know, but it was interesting to see how Cheney works his "magic." Sounds like the m.o. is to find a lawyer who says its okay to do what you want to do. That way you can always fall back on the the "legal advice" as an excuse.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

How dare you!!!! He's a great patriot!! Damn you to hell, Zeke, for hating America!!!

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

My hate for freedom is well-documented.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Emperor Palpable.

[​IMG]

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

8. digger

digger New Member

The people our idiot president surrounds himself with and their complete evilness (cheney/rumsfeld) or incompetence (gonzales, meiers, brownie, rumsfeld again) says all you need to know about the mistake the supreme court made in 2000 and the electorate (especially ohio, although who really knows what happened there - hi Ragu!) made in 2004 when we all should have know better (although I agree the Dems could have put up a better choice).

Speaking of elections, I'll vote for the first politician who demands that ALL states put in place a verification system to make sure there can't be any shenanigans involving computer voting. I'm not sure why this hasn't been done yet, although I have my theories (hi again, Ragu!)

By the way, I may be paranoid, but that doesn't mean people aren't out to get me! :D

9. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

What we've witnessed thanks to Cheney and Rumsfeld since 2001 is, very simply, the virtual completion of Richard Nixon's term.

10. Damn, I didn't get up early enough.
    Two things I took away -- 1) Colin Powell is far more of a tool than even I thought he was. How does he stay on after that opening anecdote, and 2) This first part is a brief for impeachment, plain and simple. He took an oath that didn't matter a damn to him and he wrecked a lot of what makes this country worth defending in the process. His ass should be in Leavenworth for the next 10 years.

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Forget it, FB. The Democrats in Congress have decided to wait until it all blows over, in the hopes of asserting their might against a Democratic president.

12. Upper Tupper

Upper Tupper Member

Imus had it correct, War Criminal.

Draft saved Draft deleted