1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WaPo outs woman who it says faked Roy Moore story

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by jlee, Nov 27, 2017.

1. Tweener

Tweener Well-Known Member

What I keep coming back to with this story is how weak this woman's fraudulent attempt was. It was so poorly executed. Someone was paying her for that? How dumb do they think the WaPo and its reporters are? People really think reporters cook these stories up about Trump, Moore, etc?

I guess I'm still, after years in journalism, just really surprised that people don't understand that whenever someone comes forward with major accusations on a public figure, those accusations are seriously vetted.

Has Trump and all his "fake news" rhetoric really screwed with people's minds, or were people always this stupid about the media?

Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
    Smallpotatoes likes this.
  2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

O'Keefe has a long, long history of self-owns and terrible, terrible attempts. He has blown a "sting" or whatever he calls them by not hanging up the phone properly after calling his victim and leaving a long voice message of him talking to his staff about the plot. *Twice*. He failed that exact way twice.

As someone on Twitter said, he makes six figures a year from wealthy conservative benefactors in order to manage a team of professional Genes Parmesan.

3. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

Oh, that's good!

[​IMG]

4. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Play Misty for Me is a great movie.

Carry on.

5. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Grand Prix

6. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

How many did she fuck?

8. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

9. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Profiles in Conservative Courage.

Members of the republican party wanted an accused sexual assailant to win a Senate seat. They voted for a massive corporate tax cut at a time of considerable corporate profits and against the renewal of health care for poor kids. Stay classy.

lakefront likes this.
  10. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

And the shit they pulled was not "hardcore." Using a fake rape victim to discredit real rape victims for the sake of electing an alleged rapist is about as morally reprehensible as it gets.

11. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

12. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Time for a major news organization to turn the tables on this piece of shit.

Draft saved Draft deleted