1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WaPo columnist: Consider his tattoos before giving Wall max deal

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JackReacher, Jun 25, 2013.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/wizards/washington-wizards-should-think-about-john-walls-ink-before-signing-him-to-a-max-deal/2013/06/24/25aa2146-dd02-11e2-bd83-e99e43c336ed_story.html

Well, then. That's one way to look at it.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I like Reid a lot, but not that column... Was there anything offensive about the tattoos? Any gang stuff?

3. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Didn't realize the WaPo employed Colin Cowherd.

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

The real reasons they shouldn't give him a max contract are that he's a terrible outside shooter and he gets hurt all the time.

Also, this:

[​IMG]

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Milton Bradley is reading this in the prison commissary saying "see, I told you about Reid."

6. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

so if Jason Reid were an NBA GM would he limit his roster to only non-inked players? That would be one lonely bench.

7. JackReacher

He said a lot of stupid things in that column, but that wasn't one of them.

8. Mizzougrad96

I'd have no trouble fielding this team... :) Don't get me wrong, I thought the column was pretty bad.

Russell Westbrook
    Dirk Nowitzki
    Chris Paul
    Dwyane Wade
    Dwight Howard
    Luol Deng
    Jeremy Lin
    Brook Lopez
    Kevin Love
    Al Horford
    Roy Hibbert
    Manu Ginobili
    Pau Gasol
    Marc Gasol

This is all according to Yahoo! Who knows how up to date it is since it has John Wall listed as a no...

9. JackReacher

Heard Reid on the radio yesterday. Basically trying to back his way out of his stupid column, saying it's all about Wall's performance. He has no problem with Wall changing his mind on getting tattoos...just as long as he makes an All Star game first.

"He hasn't achieved much at this point. Let me see you lead a team to the playoffs."

That's a valid point when discussing whether or not Wall should get a max deal. Too bad he introduced all the other stupidity in his column that overshadowed that.

What a shitshow.

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

That we have to look up who has tattoos tells us all we need to know about the importance of tattoos.

11. Mizzougrad96

They had some statistic that said that 56 of the league has a tattoo. That's insane if you think about it.

One of my friends has a teenage daughter who wanted to get one. Her parents said, "Under no circumstances..."
    "But Grandpa has one..."
    "Grandpa has a special forces tattoo from Vietnam. When you're special forces, you can do whatever you want."

12. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Hey, the guy has a point.

Aaron Hernandez has tattoos...

Draft saved Draft deleted